Growing the game is a vital part of the National Girl’s Hockey League. If teams don’t plant the seeds for growth they won’t thrive, which will directly impact the success of the league.
Therefore, we encourage each program in our league to make a commitment to grow the game within their own organization or commit to partnering with another local organization to work together to facilitate growing the female game.
This is a great opportunity for some of our older players to give back by volunteering at Try-Hockey-for-Free girls events as well as helping to build a sustainable feeder to each of our league members programs.
It is the responsibility of the NGHL member programs to have a grow the game business plan for each season.
Successful examples include:
- Utilizing social media to promote Try-Hockey-For-Free Girls events
- Purchasing one goalie starter set
- Having older players volunteer at Try-Hockey-For-Free Girls events to build their hockey community
- Following up with all new female hockey families to educate and encourage females to play hockey
- Getting support from our NHL programs to provide complimentary promotional gear, helping to build their fan base at the same time